Google Penguin 4.0 – Important Updates to Know
There is a new member in the Core Algorithm of Google which is known to be the Google Penguin 4.0.
A lot of people have been awaiting for this. Following are Penguin 4.0 key features which will help many SEO specialists.
1. This was released to all countries and available in different languages as well. Regardless of the location, all websites are given similar impact independence and the same rules.
2. Penguin 4.0 is real-time. This would signify that the ranking of the page is subject to change as Google updates any information regarding the page or the linked pages. This would mean that the rewards or consequences of your actions can be noticed in no time.
3. With this real-time feature, you’ll be able to recover fast from penalty. Once your website is penalized, you need to instruct your webmaster to do everything he can to remove all the harmful links and improve it. As the Google recrawls the pages, it will give the positive results immediately.
4. Penguin 4.0 is a part in the core algorithm of Google. This is what the Google has announced last September. This would mean that you should monitor the backlink profile regularly.
5. This is becoming granular. Simply, the algorithm now focuses on the particular pages toxic links and not on the entire site. Tracking the micro-penalties becomes more hard. That is why, it is essential to audit your site’s important pages and subdomains more often.
Although Penguin has so many benefits to offer, you need also to know how to use it properly for your utmost advantage.
One of the downsides of Penguin is that no notice is given if the site is penalized. You will only get a hint that you are penalized when you notice indirect signs such as declined positions and a sharp drop.
What is good here is that your actions will yield the results more quick than before. You can use this updated algorithm for your best interest. Both the penalization and recovery process becomes faster. Below are some of the important things you have to take note.
Always check your position. You can set an email alert in order to be informed once the position changes. Next, you have to ensure that the backlink profile is clean and healthy. So, you have to check for the new backlinks and the lost ones too. Perform a backlink audit on the whole site. This is a very important step since the Penguin is more granular. The last thing to consider is updating your disavowed file and setting up the properties in the search console for every subpath.